Vitamin D Supplement
- I didn’t realize vitamin D had immune system benefits. How exactly does vitamin D work to support my immune system health?
From many research studies, it is now clear that vitamin D has important roles for our immune system. Vitamin D helps regulate the immune system and the neuromuscular system. As the vitamin D receptor is expressed on immune cells (B cells, T cells and antigen presenting cells) and these immunologic cells are all are capable of synthesizing the active vitamin D. Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as an increased susceptibility to infection.
- Can children take the product?
Though the product is labelled for consumers over 12 years old, children over 2 years can take the product. They just need to use half of the recommended adult dose.
- Is biotin a vitamin?
Biotin also known as Vitamin B7, plays an important role in maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Is there gluten in any GNA Naturals® products?
No, there is no gluten in our products.
Think you need Vitamin D3 supplement? Be sure to check out our GNA Naturals liquid Vitamin D3!
Allergy Relief Medicine
- Can I take allergy medicine before bed?
Yes, you can take the GNA Allergy Relief before sleeping, it is just like an antihistamine but without the drowsiness.
- Can I take 2 allergy pills?
Yes, you can do more than the recommended dosage. People can take up to 3-4 allergy pills.
- Can allergy be cured?
No, but you can treat and control your symptoms and take a good supplement like GNA’s Allergy Relief to help.
- Does apple cider vinegar help with allergies?
Apple cider vinegar is said to boost the immune system, help break up mucus, and support lymphatic drainage. It is recommend mixing one to two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water and lemon juice three times a day to relieve allergy symptoms.
- Do allergies get worse with age?
Some people, most often children, may outgrow an allergy completely. Others find that with age, their allergy symptoms lighten up. This might be because the immune system can weaken with age, and perhaps can't muster as strong a reaction to the allergen.
- What foods reduce histamine?
Foods to avoid
A healthy diet contains moderate levels of histamine. However, there are some foods high in histamine that can trigger inflammatory reactions and other negative symptoms.
Histamine-rich foods are:
- Alcohol and other fermented beverages
- Fermented foods and dairy products, such as yogurt and sauerkraut
- Dried fruits
- Processed or smoked meats
- Aged cheese
Foods to eat
If you have a histamine intolerance, incorporating low-histamine foods into your diet can help reduce symptoms. There’s no such thing as a histamine-free diet. Consult with a dietician before you eliminate foods from your diet.
Some foods low in histamine include:
- Fresh meat and freshly caught fish
- Non-citrus fruits
- Gluten-free grains, such as quinoa and rice
- Dairy substitutes, such as coconut milk and almond milk
- Fresh vegetables except tomatoes, avocados, spinach, and eggplant
- Cooking oils, such as olive oil
- Can silica damage your kidneys?
There has not been any significant research studies or any known cases of silica causing damage to your kidneys, though you should always check with your doctor to see if taking silica with your other medication matters.
- Can silica cause hair loss?
No, silica is actually a product that is used to stop hair loss. Silica is shown to help with thinning hair and strengthening your hair.
- What is bamboo silica used for?
Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plant species on earth making it a top high yielding, eco-friendly renewable resource. It is one of the highest plant based sources of the trace element Silica at 70%. This is 10x the levels of silica found in the horsetail plant which is 5-7% which is why it is great for hair, skin and nails.
- Can your lungs clear silica?
No, silica is not a product that is used to clear lungs. It is mainly a hair, skin and nail supplement.
Think you need bamboo silica with biotin supplement? Be sure to check out our GNA Naturals Bamboo Silica with Biotin!
- Is magnesium Bisglycinate a laxative?
There are different types of magnesiums, the most common ones that act as laxatives are Magnesium Citrate and Oxide which cause loose bowels for some people. Since magnesium bisglycinate is a combination it does not work as a laxative or cause diarrhea but can help people have better bowel movements.
- Should I take magnesium in the morning or at night?
Magnesium is known for helping the body / muscles relax, therefore it is best to take at night. It can help you sleep better, reduce muscle cramps and restless legs at night.
- Does magnesium make you gain weight?
No, magnesium does not make you gain weight. Magnesium helps absorption of nutrients and gets your metabolism moving.
- What are the symptoms of low magnesium in the body?
Some of the most prominent magnesium deficiency symptoms according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) and cardiovascular disease
- Kidney and liver damage
- Peroxynitrite damage that can lead to migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma or Alzheimer’s disease
- Nutrient deficiencies, including vitamin K, vitamin B1, calcium and potassium
- Restless leg syndrome
- Worsened PMS symptoms
- Behavioral disorders and mood swings
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping
- Recurrent bacterial or fungal infections due to low levels of nitric oxide
- Depressed immune system
- Tooth cavities
- Muscle weakness and cramps
- Which form of magnesium is best for anxiety?
It is not clear which type of magnesium is best for anxiety. but magnesium bisglycinate is a better form of magnesium altogether. The recommended dose to take that will help with anxiety is between 310-420 mg.
Think you need Magnesium Bisglycinate? Be sure to check out our GNA Naturals Magnesium Bisglycinate!
Vitamin B12 With Folic Acid
- Can folic acid make you fat?
Folic acid should not make you gain weight. There is no evidence that people with adequate blood levels of folic acid will gain weight if they take supplements. However, weight loss is one possible side effect of folate deficiency.
- Is vitamin b12 good for iron deficiency?
Yes, vitamin B12 can help with iron deficiency. Vitamin B12 helps with the metabolism of carbohydrates, helps the body make healthy red blood cells and helps keep nerve cells healthy.
- What are the symptoms of b12 and folate deficiency?
Since vitamin B12 plays a role in so many different functions in your body, a deficiency in the vitamin can manifest in different ways and cause a wide array of symptoms that can sometimes make it difficult to diagnose.
Possible symptoms of a B12 deficiency are:
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- Memory loss
- How long does it take for a vitamin b12 to start working?
There's no way to predict how long it will take for vitamin b12 to start working. The length of your B12 deficiency recovery depends on several different factors, including how severe your deficiency is and whether your body can absorb vitamin B12 the way it's supposed to.
Website and Account
- Who is GNA Naturals®?
GNA stands for Good Nutrition Advocates. We are strong advocates of good nutrition and good health. We do this by offering our customers high quality products at reasonable prices. Our products are made with only the purest ingredients. We never use fillers, binding agents, or unnecessary chemical preservatives.
- Where are your products manufactured?
All our products are manufactured in Canada at a GMP certified Health Canada approved facility. Our guarantee to you is a great product with the purest of ingredients. Our products are never tested on animals.
- My password isn’t working — how can I reset it?
Use Login (Link) to find 'Forgot your password?' Submit your email id to receive the link to reset your password.
- I’m not seeing my order history — how can I access this information?
Login to your account to access ORDER HISTORY. You can access all the information through here.
- How do I cancel my order?
Once you access your account through Order History section, you can cancel your order.
Think you need Vitamin B12 Supplement? Be sure to check out our GNA Naturals Vitamin B12 Supplement!