All You Need To Know About Vitamins for Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails
Just as you take care of your health, it is important to care for your hair, skin, and nails. Along with external and cosmetic care, they also need nutrition if you really want better hair, stronger nails, or beautiful skin.
Vitamins for healthy and strong hair, skin, and nails are widely available, and you may purchase them from various manufacturers. The ingredients in these products may help prevent hair loss, strengthen nails, and moisturize the skin. In addition, for those who don't eat animal products, there are several options that are also vegan and gluten-free.
Here are the top vitamins to consider for hair, skin and nails:
- GNA Naturals:
GNA Naturals is a one-stop shop for everything the best in healthy nutrition and good health that you could ever want. Natural and pure ingredients are used in all of their goods, and they are GMP-certified. Natural components, supplements, and Biotin Vitamin Supplements are important to us since we insist on using only the purest, highest-quality ingredients.
GNA Naturals is proud to provide organic Bamboo Extract For Skin at the lowest possible costs. Hair growth, stronger nails, and a brighter complexion are all aided by taking supplements containing bamboo silica.
- Nature's Bounty:
Nature's Bounty Extra Strength is the greatest multivitamin for hair, skin, and nails. $10 for a 150-capsule bottle makes it one of the cheapest multivitamins. This multivitamin contains vitamin A and zinc to boost collagen. You get 100% of your daily vitamin D, which may treat acne. Nature's Bounty multivitamin contains horsetail for hair and skin. Nature's Bounty contains 5,000 mcg of biotin per serving.
- Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nail is a multivitamin which is pretty reasonable.
- They are made in USP-certified facilities that follow FDA good manufacturing standards.
- Even though they're prepared in USP-approved facilities, the vitamins aren't third-party tested for quality.
- Vegans can't take them because they include gelatin.
Biotin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and keratin are included in OllyUndeniable beauty gummies. Vitamin E suppresses inflammation to cure eczema. Vitamin C helps produce collagen and defend against UV rays.
- Olly's products are NSF-certified and third-party-tested.
- Olly 30-day gummy vitamins cost $13.
- Olly gummy vitamins include gelatin, therefore they're not vegan-friendly.
- 2 grams of added sugar per serving.
Relvy is another essential vitamin that one must try. Some of the other ingredients in this vitamin are horsetail, gotu kola, and methylsulfonylmethane or MSM which have been associated to good joint health and anti-aging, respectively. Additionally, gotu kola may increase collagen formation, which may help lower blood pressure.
- Revly's hair, skin, and nail vitamins are not only gluten- and lactose-free, but they are also vegan.
- Some people may object to the presence of herbs and extracts in Revly's multivitamin.
- Whether Revly has been subjected to third-party testing is unknown.
Nutrafol Women promotes hair growth and density by addressing stress and nutrition. Maca, astaxanthin, saw palmetto, and collagen are medical-grade substances. This vitamin contains 3,000 mcg of biotin together with D, C, and A. Nutrafol promotes hair regrowth by 80% over time, according to clinical studies. Nutrafol claims 3-to-6-month results.
- Third-party testing ensures there are no heavy metals or toxins in these vitamins.
- Nutrafol offers a survey to match you with the finest hair loss supplement.
- Nutrafol is the priciest option.
- Some may find four capsules a day excessive.
- Garden of Life:
Garden of Life mykind Organic Collagen Builder is an organic supplement for hair, skin, and nails. Hair, skin, and nail health can be improved by supplementing your diet with a vitamin that boosts collagen, keratin, and elastin production in your body. In addition to being vegan and organic, this dish is constructed entirely of whole foods, such as pureed fruit and vegetables. A small amount of vitamin A (40 percent of the daily value), vitamin C (50 percent of the daily value) and vitamin E are included in the supplement (15 percent of daily value). A serving of this product contains 2,500 mcg of biotin, which is a large amount. This product also contains green tea extract.
- Organic vegan vitamins.
- 30 whole foods go into Garden of Life Collagen Builder.
- Customer reviews praise hair and nail health.
- Hair, skin, and nail vitamins from Garden of Life aren't third-party tested.
- Large pills may need to be broken for those who have problems swallowing.
Persona Nutrition provides some of the most customizable options for skin, nail, and hair vitamins. It's a subscription service for vitamins, so you never have to worry about running out. It will be delivered to your home in convenient daily packaging.
- Eggs, dairy, and shellfish aren't in Persona Nutrition vitamins. Non-GMO, gluten-free.
- Persona offers hair, skin, and nail vitamins.
- Persona offers free nutrition consultations.
- Persona supplements aren't purity-tested.
- After a comprehensive inspection, you're given a list of recommended supplements. Unwanted items must be removed.
- Pricey Persona hair, skin, and nail supplements.
Hair, Nail, and Skin Supplements: What Should You Look For?
Hair, skin, and nail supplements can be a confusing purchase. Consider the following points:
- The effectiveness and quality of the ingredients
Products free of artificial additions and fillers are best, as they contain ingredients that have been scientifically proven. Remember that manufacturers don't reveal the precise amounts of the substances they use in their proprietary mixes if you're considering a supplement. As a result, avoid items that include substances to which you may be allergic.
While some substances have been proven beneficial, research into the advantages of hair, skin, and nail supplements is still in its infancy. Therefore, using these products on your hair, skin, or nails is not guaranteed.
- Third-party evaluations and brand reputation
It's critical only to buy supplements from reputable retailers whenever you can. In addition, third-party testing organizations such as USP, NSF, or ConsumerLab can provide more confidence.
- Contraindications that may exist
If you're pregnant or breastfeeding, avoid using some substances because they may interfere with your prescriptions or be harmful to you. The best method to ensure that a supplement is safe for you to consume is to see a healthcare expert.
Dr. Parvaneh Rafaeloffin says, "silica is anti-inflammatory, which means it can help with irritated skin or skin problems, and it’s great for hair and nails because it encourages the creation of collagen."
How To Choose?
Healthline researched the best vitamins for hair, skin, and nails using the following criteria to help you make an informed decision:
- Vetting: Products on this list have been thoroughly examined to verify that they fit the medical and business requirements of Healthline.
- Ingredients that work: It was important to us to find goods that include high-quality, scientifically proven components.
- Price: A wide range of add-ons are available to suit various budgets.
The Bottom Line
Taking a supplement may be necessary if you notice that your hair is thinning or your complexion isn't as glowing as it used to be. Supplementing or preventing vitamin deficiencies can be as simple as taking vitamins for your hair, skin, and nails. Not all vitamin supplements will be the ideal choice for you, although there is a lot on the market.