Vitamin B12 Benefits - The Energy That You Are Missing
Did you know there’s a reason that vitamin B12 supplements are some of the most looked for products on the market. Vitamin B12 has a range of benefits, some include:
- helps in increasing energy levels
- helps in improving mood
- helps in protecting memory
B12 is an essential vitamin for adrenal health, cognitive functioning, multiple metabolic functions, enzyme production, DNA synthesis, hormonal balance and more.
Some benefits of taking a vitamin B12 supplement may include:
- Supporting a healthy metabolism and increase in nutrient absorption.
- Helping with fatigue and low energy.
- Helping to improve concentration and focus.
- When pregnant, making sure that the mother and child both get enough vitamin B12 is important for brain development.
- Better skin health, this is because B12 reduces redness, inflammation, dryness and acne breakouts / blemishes.
- Preventing moodiness and mood disturbances.
- Helps with treating nausea, headaches and dizziness.
Why taking Vitamin B12 + Folate is Better!
Vitamin B12 with Folate (Folic acid or Vitamin B9), are both members of the B-Complex group and have unique roles in the body both individually and together.
These two key essential vitamins also have the important role of preventing cell damage caused by homocysteine. Homocysteine is a toxic amino acid created by the body and a major risk factor for:
- cardiovascular disorders
- neurological disorders
- bone disorders
Homocysteine levels tend to increase with age and with the accumulation of lifestyle factors such as:
- alcohol consumption
- eating a diet high in processed food
The body naturally recycles homocysteine to prevent build-up but inadequate stores of B12 and folate hinder this process. For this reason, it is better to take a Vitamin B12 supplement with Folate.
GNA Naturals has a liquid Vitamin B12 with Folate (Folic acid or Vitamin B9), both members of the B-Complex group and have unique roles in the body both individually and together. Though they can be taken separately, maintaining proper ratio of these two nutrients can prevent you from masking a potentially dangerous deficiency that can lead to nerve damage.
We insure the proper balance of both vitamins. GNA Naturals B12 is Methylcobalamine (most bioavailable active form of B12) and our Folate is Methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF - the most bio-available active form of folic acid).
(1 ml contains)
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 1000 mcg
Folate (L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate, Calcium Salt) 400 mcg
Glycerine, Potassium sorbate,
Black cherry flavour, Water, Xanthen Gum, Citric Acid
(Adults and adolescents 12 and over) Take 1 ml once daily or as directed by a health professional.
Who Needs A To Take A Vitamin B12 Supplement?
One of the main reasons to take a vitamin B12 supplement is to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency, this can lead to a number of symptoms and even long-term health issues such as:
- having chronic fatigue
- mood disorders
- neuro-degenerative disorders
- heart issues
- low red blood cell count or anemia
- neural tube defects in infants
Even though vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that we need, what happens when we take too much of it?
Since vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin, it gets excreted when we go to the bathroom and does not stay in the body for too long. Hence, vitamin B12 is considered a vitamin with low levels of toxicity, so this means that there isn't a maximum daily dose that is known to cause adverse side effects.
However, there are some groups of individuals that may be at a higher risk of getting a vitamin B12 overdose. This includes individuals with:
- any kidney and liver disease
- those people with diseases related to the blood like autoimmune
- women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.